SUPPORT & SERVICES
Please remember, all our staff are more than happy to help you improve your study skills and/or to have comfortable New Zealand life. Our friendly, experienced staff are here for you and don’t hesitate to talk to one of them if you need any help.
Aspiring Language Institute is committed to:
- Providing students with accurate and current information relating to the organization and its programmes.
- Ensuring the student handbook will be congruent with the requirements of NZQA, accurate, current and compliant with the Fair Trading Act.
- Ensuring all students have a reasonable chance of success. All students will be interviewed to ensure that that they are suited to the programme and are likely to succeed.
- Ensuring selection processes will be fair and valid. All students will be interviewed by the Academic Manager and another staff member. If a course is full, applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
- Providing career guidance for students. All staff will be available to advise students on further study opportunities.
- Providing guidance and support to students who require it. Students will be encouraged to raise any issues that are impacting upon their training with a staff member. Tutors will discuss such matters with the Academic Manager or other staff members and offer appropriate guidance and support strategies agreed with the student. If in-house support is not appropriate, staff will assist students to make contact with external agencies. A list of internal and external support services will be included in the Student Handbook.
Protecting students from harm. Student rules and complaints procedures are designed to protect students and are included in the Handbook. The Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and the Harassment Policy are designed to manage potential harm to students. These are included in the Handbook.